GSoC Application Feedback

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Apr 26 14:38:21 BST 2011

On Tuesday 26 April 2011 Apr, Diego Turcios wrote:
> Hi
> I send an email to Lydia Pintscher asking for a feedback about my
> application, why it wasn't accepted.
> She answer me this
>
>  Hi :)
>
> Sorry, your email landed in spam and I just saw it now.
> Your proposal is quite specialized. I think it would be best to ask
> the Calligra guys directly about some feedback in this case.
>
> Cheers
> Lydia
>
> So I would like you guys to give me the feedback about my application. My
> application was Calligra Words PDF-Import and/or PDF-Export. This is the
> [0]link of the application.
> I imagined some things my application was missing, but better know real
> reason why.
>
> Thanks for your time
>
> [0]
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/diegoturcios/1

Hi,

It was a good application, imo, but there were many good applications and we had to make a ranking according to what we thought most important to get working this year. It always sucks: we never have enough slots and mentors to work with all students, so we always have to disappoint people. Still... There's nothing to prevent you from working on this topic (or any other topic that interests you) in Calligra!

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org