Idea for solving shadow overlap issue

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Thu Apr 21 16:52:03 BST 2011

Hello Yue,

On Wednesday, April 20, 2011 06:49:30 Yue Liu wrote:
> > If that is not allowed in the odf specification you can't use the draw
> > namespace.
> >
> > I think the biggest obstacle (as often) is to work around the odf
> > specification.
> >

> > I haven't found out where it says which kind of style property cannot be
>
> applied on which kind of draw element, but I found in 17.1 it says "Styles
> may contain additional information that is not defined by formatting
> properties. " And I've test an odg file with draw:shadow in draw:g 's style
> and it causes no problem while open in libreoffice. So I think it'll be
> okay to break the specification.

as far as I can see in the ODF spec it is ok to have a style with a shadow.
Looks like at least my OO does not show the shadow for the group. Maybe we
should create a bug report at OO about that.

About the blur. If you create some info on how that should be added to the odf
spec I can propose it in one of the ODF TC calles.

Thorsten