[Kexi] Re: [calligra/kexi-maps-wicik] /: FEATURE: Initial version of Map widget in kexi forms

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Apr 6 23:22:00 BST 2011

On 7 April 2011 00:16, Radosław Wicik <radoslaw at wicik.pl> wrote:
> Dnia 2011-04-06, o godz. 23:52:18
> Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> napisał(a):

>> > Spatialite, Sqlite GIS extension can do this.
>> >
>> >  http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite/spatialite-tutorial-2.3.1.html
>> >

>> Thanks Noli. Taking advantage of it would be a task in itself...
>>
> Hi Jarek,
> yes I know that this huge task, these plans are rather long future.
> Just to clarify the target, and I'm sure I'll not
> start it until Predicate is ready for testing ;-)
>
> Thanks for link, I've added it to my resources for future reuse.

As I understand you proposed GIS-aware storage features in Predicate.
I would tend to promote reusing existing solutions and expose them in
Predicate and in the GUI where it makes sense.
Except the above extension of SQLite, there is of course also PostGIS.

A TODO thing, which would be high priority if someone motivated comes
and does most of the hard work. Then I am here to help.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek