GSoC 2011

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Apr 6 13:36:03 BST 2011

On Tuesday 05 April 2011 Apr, Jain Basil Aliyas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm done with my proposal for this project, but I'm still missing Sebastian
> Sauer. I've not talked to him regarding this project till now.
>
> Link : http://jainbasil.net/wiki/doku.php/calligra_gsoc_application
>
> I kindly request Calligra developers to read through the application and
> give feedback so that I can make it better.

Hi Jain,

Did you also already enter it Melange? I'll be going through the proposals in Melange tonight again to check for updates and add comments. In general, the text in the page you linked to is a bit short on detail. The implementation section for import lists the goals, but doesn't tell me how you intend to actually implement it. Same for the export. In general, we want students to have gone into the actual codebase already when writing their proposal so they can show they have a good grasp of the subject, and I'm missing that a bit here.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org