Progress on OOo GDI Metafile

Pierre pinaraf at pinaraf.info
Wed Apr 6 00:12:51 BST 2011

Hi

Since a long time, people have been complaining about the OpenOffice GDI
Metafile picture format being undocumented, hence impossible to implement.
In the plane sunday, I decided to just jump in the OpenOffice.org code and write
both a documentation and a pure Qt implementation of that format.
Now, I understand why nobody did that.

Attached to this mail is the first screenshot... Yes, choosing to display such a
cross is perhaps a wrong idea...

What do you think is best to add support for svm in Calligra ? Adding a
QImageIOPlugin ? Or should I convert it to svg to be able to manipulate the
vector elements ?

 Pierre