Name announcement planning

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Nov 28 20:27:38 GMT 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 27 November 2010, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> At some point we will need to make a public announcement on the new name. Inge
>> is going to take care of the actual announcement.
>>
>> But we need to have a few things ready:
>>
>> * website
>> * applications name
>> * logo ?
>>
>> The website is almost ready, while application names are in progress.
>> Personnally I don't think the logo is mandatory, it can be announced later.
>
> The only thing we're really waiting for is the board's answer about koffice and koffice.org, right? The individual application names can wait, except for kword, if needed, even until the next release.

I'm with Boud here: Time is of the essence.If we can do things faster,
we should make use of this option.

There is no need to do it all in one big package. Promotion could be
done in a "double-strike" way: First giving the main bit of
information, and then some more bits. It might even get us more press.
.
--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at KO GmbH