Name announcement planning

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sat Nov 27 14:15:18 GMT 2010

On Saturday, November 27, 2010 12:11:39 Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At some point we will need to make a public announcement on the new name.
> Inge is going to take care of the actual announcement.
>
> But we need to have a few things ready:
>
> * website
> * applications name
> * logo ?

* wiki

At least we want the build instructions and various rules for conduct (review
board, mailing lists, etc).  But it would not be bad if we could copy most of
the existing wiki and perhaps s/koffice/calligra/ everywhere.

> The website is almost ready, while application names are in progress.
> Personnally I don't think the logo is mandatory, it can be announced later.
>
> However we have a deadline next week with the switch to git. We will need
> to announce the location of the new repository. Personnaly, I had like
> everything to be ready at that point, and we will need to minimize the
> delay as much as possible. And if we have to push the name announcement
> after the transition to git, someone will have to deal with the mess of
> people still looking at the svn repository (speaking of this, has anyone
> contacted Ganesh from the change tracking branch ?).

I'd like to agree with the other comments that it is more important to give a
professional impression when we announce than it is to announce on the
absolute first possible day.  That said, i think we should indeed work as fast
as we can.

I will start drafting an announcement of the split that I will run past you
guys here before we send it out.  Or would off list be better?

	-Inge