Where to store on-going development branches

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Thu Nov 25 10:08:22 GMT 2010

On Thursday 25 November 2010, Inge Wallin wrote:
> Speaking of Git branches and practices, I found this really reasonable:
> http://troubalex.posterous.com/a-successful-git-branching-model
>
> Even I who is a complete Git n00b, understand it.
Good, because I want to discuss such a model :) With something slightly more
complicated, since I would want to disallow developers to commit directly to
the release branches, I would want us to commit to a "propose branch", and
then a buildbot check that it builds and tests are passing and then it copy
the commits to the branch.

But don't be affraid, in reallity, it does not had much complexity for
developers, it works like the schema of Alexandra. Except that what we release
is not "release branches", but something control by a bot and that comes from
the release branches. So the developers would only see Alexandra's schema.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott