Nokia announcement

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Tue Dec 21 18:32:29 GMT 2010

Hey,

Well it would hardly be a surprise, wouldn't it :) After all Nokia's CEO comes
from Microsoft. That said, I would not speculate too much. First of all, it is
only a rumor, they might as well just have talked about integrating Qt/ovi on
windows phone, or prepare a cross pattent license deal or anything else. Also
Nokia is a big company, they might actually just go test the market with a
windows phone, and see what works better meego/symbian or windows phone (in
which case, buying a meego/symbian phone would be a way to "vote" for the
platform).

In any case, I would speculate on Nokia's death if they turn away from Qt, and
it is more important than the platform.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott