New design to Arrange docker

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Sat Dec 18 09:14:46 GMT 2010

On Saturday 18 December 2010 09:33:51 Yue Liu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently the Arrange docker lacks buttons for distribute commands,
> until now only karbon has menu items to reach those commands, so I
> made a new design of the Arrange docker. The icons are missing.(I
> don't know who made icons for KOffice, the oxygen team?) Those blank
> buttons represent the 8 distribute commands in Karbon's menu
> respectively.
>
> So what do you think about it? Is it ok with the new design?
Uhm not really. We should try really hard to not make dockers more than 2 rows
in height. (and not too wide either, something like 5:1 width:height ratio)

Also the align buttons are rather more specialized, and provide redundant
functionality (although more convenient than moving by hand).

Also not all applications will work with this. Words in the vertical axis
comes to mind. It's a technical challenge

I suggest that these distribute icons are available through a popup menu tool
button in the docker.

best regards
Casper