Applications rename

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Wed Dec 15 08:48:00 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 15 December 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 December 2010, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:

> > > calligra/master translation are setup now (as you may have noticed the
> > > disturbance :) ). So we can start finishing with the renaming. I had
> > > like to suggest that you do rename the top directory once you are
> > > certain everything has been renamed.
> >
> > Should the rename be done by the maintainers of the applications?
> >
> > Should we use special names for libs like adding a cs to the start of the
> > name so libkpresenterprivate would become libscstageprivate? This would
> > be done to not get conflics.
>
> I think it's not worth the effort to rename all libraries, all plugins and
> so on -- whatever Thomas fork of KOffice will be called and Calligra
> aren't co-installable, and I don't have a problem with that. App names are
> different, because those are user-visible.
Yes only rename the binary, kpart and user configuration file. And user
visible string in the application.

Also, we should have symlinks (except for words, I guess)

Something like:

if(CMAKE_HOST_UNIX)
    install(CODE "
    EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND ln -sf stage kpresenter
       WORKING_DIRECTORY ${BIN_INSTALL_DIR}
       )
    ")
endif(CMAKE_HOST_UNIX)

And desktop files should countains the mention of the old application name, so
that typing "kpresenter" in the start menu shows stage.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott