Applications rename

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Dec 15 06:36:11 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 15 December 2010, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 14, 2010 21:01:20 Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 December 2010, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I know that you might be anxious to rename applications in git, asap. But
> > > I would want to have a synchronize effort, especially with respect to
> > > translations. So I will ask you to resist the urge for now :) Or at
> > > least, don't change the name of the po files.
> >
> > calligra/master translation are setup now (as you may have noticed the
> > disturbance :) ). So we can start finishing with the renaming. I had like
> > to suggest that you do rename the top directory once you are certain
> > everything has been renamed.
>
> Should the rename be done by the maintainers of the applications?
>
> Should we use special names for libs like adding a cs to the start of the name
> so libkpresenterprivate would become libscstageprivate? This would be done to
> not get conflics.

I think it's not worth the effort to rename all libraries, all plugins and so on -- whatever Thomas fork of KOffice will be called and Calligra aren't co-installable, and I don't have a problem with that. App names are different, because those are user-visible.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org