excelimporttodoc name

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Dec 10 14:04:31 GMT 2010

On 10 December 2010 14:52, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> On Friday, December 10, 2010 14:08:04 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is name of the plugin accurate in filters/kspread/excel/import?
>> Shouldn't be renamed to excelimport or excelimporttoods or
>> msexcelodf_import? The latter would be in par with mswordodf_import.
>
> I think the exact opposite.  Since ODF is the default, we should instead have
> all the filters that _don't_ handle odf be specially named, not the ones that
> do.  In other words, the filters that read or write the old koffice formats
> should be specially named.
>
> or...
>
> Perhaps the best way is that we skip this import/export thing and just name
> the filters after the filetypes that they convert between.  So msword-odf
> would be kword/doc-odt, html-odf would keep its name and html would be html-
> kwd.  That would make it very symmetrical and easy to understand in my
> opinion.

+1

Any way that adds consistency here is right.

Going even further, names perhaps can be simplified in this way:

filters/kword/doc-odt -> filters/doc-odt, since it's not KWord/Words
that is able to do thet conversion but any app that wants to use given
filter in its chain.

Or filters/doc/odt ?

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek