excelimporttodoc name

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Fri Dec 10 13:52:38 GMT 2010

On Friday, December 10, 2010 14:08:04 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Hi,
> Is name of the plugin accurate in filters/kspread/excel/import?
> Shouldn't be renamed to excelimport or excelimporttoods or
> msexcelodf_import? The latter would be in par with mswordodf_import.

I think the exact opposite.  Since ODF is the default, we should instead have
all the filters that _don't_ handle odf be specially named, not the ones that
do.  In other words, the filters that read or write the old koffice formats
should be specially named.

or...

Perhaps the best way is that we skip this import/export thing and just name
the filters after the filetypes that they convert between.  So msword-odf
would be kword/doc-odt, html-odf would keep its name and html would be html-
kwd.  That would make it very symmetrical and easy to understand in my
opinion.