Calligra / KOffice Translations

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Mon Dec 6 20:21:19 GMT 2010

Hi,

You might have seen the news [1], a vast majority of the KOffice community is
launching the Calligra Suite, based on the KOffice source code, and the
project has now move to git [2]. While what will become KOffice 2.3 stays in
the svn in branches/koffice/2.3/koffice.

So it does not mean much for translation team, for now, since your focus is
probably in the upcoming 2.3 anyway.

However, where it becomes tricky is when it comes to translation of the
development branch. Since basically koffice community is splitting in two. One
called "Calligra" (with the vast majority of developers) and an other one with
an unspecified name. The decision on what happen to the koffice name is to be
taken by the KDE ev board in the coming weeks.

I am not sure what is your preference on how to handle translations at this
point, whether copy the koffice translation as calligra, or wait until a
decision has been taken on the name, and simply rename them.

Also a few applications are changing names at the same time, so we probably
need to synchronize the renaming of .po files.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott