All you need to know to start using git on monday

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon Dec 6 01:40:34 GMT 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Cyrille Berger Skott
<cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Add the following text to your ~/.gitconfig:
>
> [url "git://anongit.kde.org/"]
>     insteadOf = kde://
> [url "ssh://git@git.kde.org/"]
>     pushInsteadOf = kde://
>
> Get the code: "git clone kde://calligra"
> Local commit: "git commit -a" (or "git commit [file]")
> Share your changes: "git push"
> Get others changes: "git pull" (it is better to not have any uncommited
> changes in your local repo when running this command)
>
> And I think you are good for monday. On a side node, git has a move command,
> but no copy, because it is capable of detecting when code is copied
> automatically.

So the git is up! Follow the directions above. It might take a bit for
the repo to propagate to all mirrors, but by the time you are reading
this that will likely be done.

There is another repository called calligra-history where old feature
and inactive version branches reside.

Actually if you all plan on developing the 2.3 branch in SVN, you
should probably delete this branch as well from the main 'calligra'
repository. Just let me know.

Ian