mimetypes for Plan

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Dec 2 09:23:19 GMT 2010

On 2 December 2010 10:15, Dag Andersen <danders at get2net.dk> wrote:
> One thing I haven't thought about for a renamed kplato is that the mimetypes
> and file extensions are very kplato specific.
> Does anybody have any recomendation on how best to handle this?

I would think about keeping the compatibility with the old mimetype
and _prepend_ new mimetype in the .desktop file (list of mimetypes is
supported). I do that to support raw sqlite files together with
kexi-specific files.
The same for extensions: new extension shall belong to the new mimetype.
In the "open"/"save" dialog you would think about mergine both
mimetypes into one option in the format combo box.

As a bonus you could also use this situation as an opportunity to do
some file format extensions (if you planned that).
At least I will (in Kexi 2.4 or 2.5).

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek