Poll of application names

Alfredo Beaumont alfredo.beaumont at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 10:40:28 GMT 2010

2010/12/1 C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk>:
> The point is that if we as a grup can come up with something we all like i'm
> not opposed to changing, but it should be because we all like it, and not to
> get another 50/50 result
>
> So please use irc or personal mails to test out alternatives before suggesting
> it on the ml. I'd say we should change the website to the B names now, and
> take any change from there if it comes up.

+1. we already discussed (a lot), voted, etc. I'd prefer not to see
the process begin again. I'd suggest if someone wants to 'sponsor' a
name change, use IRC/whatever, gather support and come with the
proposal: "I've been discussing about this appname, and i think
'appname' is a better one, and these 8 people agree". If nobody
disagrees, change it, otherwise a poll could be open.

Continuing to throw name proposals to the ml for the sake of it
doesn't bring us any closer to the solution IMHO.

Cheers