Poll of application names

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Dec 1 08:05:37 GMT 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:57 AM, C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk> wrote:
> On Sunday 28 November 2010 21:49:12 C. Boemann wrote:
> For Words/Write I actually don't have a preference, but will not accept Writer
> or Word. So right now I'm prepared to let the vote stand unless someone comes
> up with a really good alternative.

"Words" is my single biggest concern of group #2 (the reason why I did
not vote for it).

The problem is not so much that I dislike the word, but rather it is
far too close to "KWord" and "Microsoft Word". These are major
drawbacks, and I think we should really take them into consideration.

"Write" sounds fine to me, and it does not come with this issues.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, Software Engineer at KO GmbH