Right Click Issue (Follow Up)

Maluchi Ugokwe mugokwe42x at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 08:34:03 BST 2021

This is a follow up email and essentially a ping for assistance.

I reported this week Sunday of a bug in which a Two Head setup will have an
issue displaying the right click prompt in the exact correct position. I'm
only bringing this up again to the bugsquad mailing list because although
this is an upstream issue with QT, the people here:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-94778?focusedCommentId=574767&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-574767

Would like some assistance from a KWin developer(s) to come up with a
solution (if the main QT devs don't beat you to the punch).

I also assume that you all are in touch with QT developers to some extent.
Please inform them that this is a quality of life issue affecting
monitors/tablet monitors.

This is my original email:

>(begin)
>"...there is a bug in KDE Plasma 5.22.3+X11 on Linux that is as follows:
>~Set up a laptop and a second monitor
>~Have said laptop have icons on the desktop
>~Move the icons to the second monitor

*>*
*>Right clicking the icon that is now on the second monitor will spawn the
>correct prompt on the wrong screen*. It will spawn it on the laptop
screen, >where the icons aren't. It is some kind of offset.
>(end)

That describes the exact problem. We would like a prescription from a KWin
KDE developer.