QT & Plasma Conflict? Multi-head desktop bug.

Maluchi Ugokwe mugokwe42x at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 21:17:37 BST 2021

If anyone reading this didn't know, there is a bug in KDE Plasma 5.22.3+X11
on Linux that is as follows:
~Set up a laptop and a second monitor
~Have said laptop have icons on the desktop
~Move the icons to the second monitor

*Right clicking the icon that is now on the second monitor will spawn the
correct prompt on the wrong screen*. It will spawn it on the laptop screen,
where the icons aren't. It is some kind of offset.

This is reproducible. I have done so on Arch Linux. I have seen posts about
it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/ne8l1x/using_right_click_on_a_desktop_icon_will_show_the/

There is also a bug reported upstream to QT:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-94778?focusedCommentId=574767&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-574767

I have emailed the plasma-bugs mailing list of said issue and I would like
to also notify you all as well so that this problem can be solved in a
patchwork. If it is solvable, please let me and the people on said QT bug
report know. Thank you.