QT or KDE issue? A question on bug reporting.

Maluchi Ugokwe mugokwe42x at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 19:28:10 BST 2021

So a user named Eric Putney and I discovered that we were wrong about the
right click bug that I posted before. It was marked as resolved upstream
when a user named Nick posted it on the KDE bugtracker site.

On https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-94778
Nick was wrong to state that right clicking an icon on the desktop
specifically when it is primary causes the calculation to be done on the
wrong screen.

No; the actual issue is that on a dualhead system right clicking a desktop
icon on the screen mapped on the right (in settings)will experience a
horizontal offset with a value of the right screen's width in the direction
toward the left screen.

Given I and Eric running the tests, re-reporting the issue, and running the
tests again to correct ourselves:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-95742

I am intrigued by this problem because it took two wrong interpretations of
it to actually correctly identify the issue.

Now that we know what it is, are we sure that this is an upstream QT issue?
The problem seems dependent on where I map my screen in KDE Plasma 5.22.4
System Settings. Nate Graham emailed me saying that this is upstream when I
first reported it, but I would like his thoughts on what Eric and I have
come up with. Here's the link again:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-95742
Nick's link (I think it's gaining traction):

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-94778

Thanks. I would especially like a response from Nate.