[Bugsquad] Future BugDays

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 20:17:48 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Michael Leupold <lemma at confuego.org> wrote:
> Am 11.09.2010 19:44, schrieb FiNeX:
>>> Furthermore I've been thinking whether we should continue BugDay triage
>>> using the wiki approach or use the KDE forum system. Did any of you take
>>> part in a forum-based BugDay? Did it work out well? How was the response
>>> of unexperienced people?
>>
>> Personally I prefer the wiki way :-)
>
> Same here. But I saw Dario did one or two on the forum and I don't know
> how smooth that went.

(Note that the forums didn't replace the IRC.)

The forum was only used to allow the newcomers to discover the
bugtriaging process (they were allowed to ask questions of the
application that is going to be triaged, like the bz product
policies). The "week" part of the "BugWeek" name represents that the
newcomers have a lot of time to discover bugtriaging, discover the
application, ask questions and setup their test environments. On the
last two days the triaging starts. The forum was also used to sum-up
all the results.

Personally I tried to use all the power of the forums but it looked
like the "wiki-approach" was tidier. I didn't liked the wiki approach
because of the possible conflicts within the edits (in the forum
apprach this doesn't happen because every user modifies its own post;
and then the administrator merges all the results when the triaging
finishes). However, it was too much work for me to organize all the
results.. and it was still confusing for the users to use the forum.
(not mentioning that distributing the bug batches was a bit messy
too...)

Plasma BugWeek session: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=84713
Explanation and workflow: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=84473
Results: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=84888

May be you can find a better tool to do all the tasks, (or a good way
to use both the forums and the wiki)

Cheers