[Bugsquad] Debug packages in Shaman

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 15:32:56 CET 2009

Hello people,

(please CC me in replies as I'm not subscribed to this list)

Merry christmas everyone! :D Santa Claus brought you a feature Dario (Andres,
not me) asked me some days ago in libshaman (more info about it:
http://drfav.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/introducing-shaman-a-new-universal-
package-management-frontend/ ). LibShaman is now in fact able (if the backend
supports it) to mark packages as "packages with debug symbols".

In a possible future where the bug reporting tool would act as a very basic
frontend to libshaman letting people install debug packages, I wanted to know
what features would you guys like/need to have in order to make such a thing
possible. For now you're just able to get the list of packages containing the
debug symbols (of course from a package you're able to find out if it's
installed, etc). Should you need some more stuff, it's your chance to ask :)

Have some nice holidays, /me gets back eating

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B