[Bugsquad] KBluetooth bug day

Darío Andrés andresbajotierra at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 21:36:14 CET 2009

Hey Alex :)

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Alex Fiestas <alex at eyeos.org> wrote:
> Hi
> I'm Alex Fiestas, the new maintainer of KBluetooth which is a fork of the old
> kdebluetooth.
> I've been working on kbluetooth for 2 months, focusing all my efforts on get a
> stable version.
> Considering the current bugtrack situation (no crashes or critical bugs are
> known) is time to use our great users to get more feedback (more crashes and
> bugs :p) to accomplish the objective, a critical bug free release.
>
> So, before do anything in the wrong way, I though would be better ask the pros
> in the world of the bug squashing, and this is the reason of this email.
> What are the first steps to prepare a bug day? should I contact the
> distributions to be sure that everybody have a way to obtain an update package
> of kbluetooth?

Well.. in fact, a "bugday" is only related to test, triage, organize
and close *current* bug reports in our database. It doesn't include a
"testing session" to open new bug reports (the whole purpose of the
bugdays initiative was to reduce the bug report count of some big
projects like konqueror or kmail)
So, I don't know if we could help you, at least with the bugday's idea.

> I was about to send an email to kde-packagers asking for coordinate all
> distributions efforts, should I continue with it?

This could be a good idea, but a bit difficult to achieve
(coordinating with all the distros)

If kbluetooth can be easily compiled from code (download the latest
svn code or snapshot, cmake, and make install) you would like to write
some instructions to deploy to your "testers".
(Compiling your app should be easier than compiling the whole KDE I think)

> Thanks!
> --

I hope this can help you a bit
Cheers