[Bugsquad] KOffice bugday

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 30 22:54:24 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> KChart isn't in that list, but I'll reply anyway.  KChart doesn't need bug
> triaging since we have few bugs and we know them.

Thats fine then :)

> What we do need, though, is to find the bugs that aren't reported yet.  In
> other words, we would need a review of the application (or shape in this
> case).  I suppose that some of the other apps would need the same.

We usually treat triaging bugs and finding bugs as two completely
different events (called "bug days" for triage and "krush days" for
bug finding). The issue with Krush days is that they need to be done
at a time close to release (since KOffice is in beta, that could well
be around now), and the developers need to have a reasonable amount of
space in their TODO's to fit in fixing all the bugs we find. Back in
May/June the Bugsquad did some Krush on KDE PIM. However, the
developers really didn't have enough time so only a very few of the
apps we krushed got any bugs fixed. I think we'd all like to avoid a
repeat of that since it feels like a lot of wasted effort from our
part.

So, what I propose is that we go ahead with a Bug Day for KOffice in
general (assuming enough KOffice apps want it), and if developers feel
they are ready to be inundated with new bug reports, they should
inform this list separately, telling us which App they would like
tested, and we will oblige ;).

George