[Bugsquad] KOffice bugday

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Tue Sep 30 21:29:35 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008 18:40:21 George Goldberg wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM,  <zahl+kde at transbay.net> wrote:
> > Well, if it is well triaged, then is this the best use of our resources?
> > Inge suggested that kword was most important, what about the other apps?
> > There seem to be a zillion, and there seems to be no easy way to get a
> > bug count on them all. Partly because I'm not sure what they all are. ;)
>
> Here is a list of the apps released as part of the recent KOffice
> beta. I'd appreciate if their developers/maintainers could fill in on
> how well triaged their bugs currently are.
>
> KWord - 290 bugs - ~40 need triaging.
> KSpread - 101 bugs - ??? need triaging.
> KPresenter - 57 bugs - ??? need triaging.
> KPlato - 6 bugs - ??? need triaging.
> Karbon - 16 bugs - ??? need triaging.
> Krita - 64 bugs - ??? need triaging.
>
> So far, that puts us on a maximum of about 280 bugs that need
> triaging. If the other apps apart from KWord reckon that their bugs
> are all disorderly and all need to be triaged, then I think we are
> looking at one bug day here. If some of the apps are in the same
> situation as KWord where many of the bugs are in good order and need
> not be revisited, then I think perhaps we would do better to have a
> smaller-scale "bug evening" or extra bug day since there wouldn't be a
> huge amount of work to do.
>
> KOffice developers/maintainers: please fill in the ??? above.

KChart isn't in that list, but I'll reply anyway.  KChart doesn't need bug
triaging since we have few bugs and we know them.

What we do need, though, is to find the bugs that aren't reported yet.  In
other words, we would need a review of the application (or shape in this
case).  I suppose that some of the other apps would need the same.

	-Inge