[Bugsquad] KOfficeDay1, triage+krush this sunday

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Wed Oct 29 18:09:02 CET 2008

Hi James,

On Wednesday 29 October 2008, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > Let's hope this bugday gets a success!
> I signed on late morning +/-10:30 MST (-7:00) and I thought that I was
> just being ignored, but considering the time difference, it would appear
> that everyone was already finished.
> So, I guess that my question is: how can people in the USA participate?
>   That is, without getting up really early. :-)

Well, there's no fixed times. Some people usually start early around 09:00
CET. Everyone comes as he he can afford it (time-wise). So sometimes things
are still pretty active in the (my) evening, sometimes people from the US are
pretty much on their own. We hope we can expand a little so everyone can get
its fair share of bugs, help and company.

> I did find two serious regressions.  Filed a report on one and it
> appears that triage of the other one had already downgraded it to only a
> wish list item.  I guess I don't get it.  Things that seriously
> interfere with using an application should be given high priority, not
> downgraded in importance due to bureaucratic reasons.  Perhaps it is
> just that I think that fixing bugs is more important than adding
> features.  Perhaps this odd attitude is the result of studying computer
> programming in engineering college and having my work graded.

Hm.. sorry, don't know about this one. We usually don't change from Bug ->
Wishlist unless it's very clear that it's not a bug. Judging from what I
talked with the koffice developers they like to keep their things clean so I
don't think they did some short-time priorization marking it a wish. Do you by
any means still have the bug#?

.. apart from that we're not too much into developers' politics and policies.
They ask us to do something, we do it :)

Regards,
Michael