[Bugsquad] KOfficeDay1, triage+krush this sunday

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Oct 29 16:56:34 CET 2008

Michael Leupold wrote:

> We'll be starting the bugday at around 07:00 UTC (be aware that summer time
> ends in various European countries on the 26th). As always we'll be gathering
> in #kde-bugs. I'll setup the techbase pages for the bugday tomorrow and ask
> you to review the instructions to make them fit your use of bugzilla.
>
> Let's hope this bugday gets a success!

I signed on late morning +/-10:30 MST (-7:00) and I thought that I was
just being ignored, but considering the time difference, it would appear
that everyone was already finished.

So, I guess that my question is: how can people in the USA participate?
  That is, without getting up really early. :-)

I did find two serious regressions.  Filed a report on one and it
appears that triage of the other one had already downgraded it to only a
wish list item.  I guess I don't get it.  Things that seriously
interfere with using an application should be given high priority, not
downgraded in importance due to bureaucratic reasons.  Perhaps it is
just that I think that fixing bugs is more important than adding
features.  Perhaps this odd attitude is the result of studying computer
programming in engineering college and having my work graded.

--
JRT