[Bugsquad] BugSquad KMail Triage

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Tue Oct 14 15:18:05 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 14 October 2008, George Goldberg wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 1:33 PM, mario tuling <kdebug at iera.de> wrote:
> > On Sunday 12 October 2008 23:55:38 Allen Winter wrote:
> > i got an additional idea about that:
> >
> > the problem is, you dont directly see which bugs are already triaged, so
> > we could do a policy like: if you triaged the bug, reply to the bugreport
> > in the mailing list.
> > everyone could see then which reports do not have a reply and are
> > therefore untriaged.
>
> Surely the idea is that when a bug is triaged, it is reassigned to the
> usual KMail assignee from the bugsquad-triage list?

I'm not quite sure how to handle it yet. But basically we can choose between:
1. Having an additional mailinglist as proposed. We won't have to reply to
bugs individually as bugz should cc the mailinglist to every change.
2. Having some queries to find out which bugs are new. This doesn't sound as
promising as you'd have to start searching whenever you want to do incoming
triage.

So I think we should go for (1) - even if it's currently not scalable. But
more importantly we'll have to find someone to do it. So far Mario opted in,
Jaime likes the idea (does that mean you're in? :)). Do you think you get
along with around 30 bugs a week or do we need more?

Regards,
Michael