[Bugsquad] BugSquad KMail Triage

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Mon Oct 13 00:35:36 CEST 2008

Hi Allen,

On Sunday 12 October 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> Thomas McGuire (KMail maintainer) and I were discussing a new approach
> to dealing with all those pesky KMail bugs today, and came up with the
> following idea.  Let us know what you think about it, and if enough
> bugsquad people are willing to participate.
> 1. create a new mailing list called bugsquad-triage
> 2. ask bugsquaud people subscribe to bugsquad-triage
> 3. change the initial owner of the KMail bugs product to bugsquad-triage
> 4. new bugs are triaged.  real, new bugs are changed to owner kdepim-bugs
>     dupes, invalids, wontifxes, junk are dealt with and do not have their
> owner changed.
> This approach will hopefully allow the developers to spend more of their
> time developing and less of their time watching their inbox fill up with
> the non-stop stream of incoming bugs.
> Comments?  Are people willing to subscribe to bugsquad-triage for this
> effort?

As already talked about on IRC I pretty much like this idea. However it all
depends on wether people opt in. About what volume per day are we talking
here?

And yeah, as I mentioned I probably won't find any time to do it - unless it's
only a little (which I figure wouldn't help all that much).

Regards,
Michael