[Bugsquad] kdepim krush?

James Spahlinger james at nixeagle.org
Mon May 19 11:55:22 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 2:11 AM, George Goldberg
<grundleborg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Alex Spehr <zahl+kde at transbay.net> wrote:
>>
>> What's going on with that? Do we have liasons set up or what?
>
> After discussion with some PIM people, it seems unlikely many (if any)
> can attend. (tmcguire has said he will try and attend, but otherwise
> no-one). The reason is it is LinuxTag on 26th (or soon after), and
> they are very busy getting it ready for that.
>
> However, that doesn't mean they don't want us to do it :)
> What we need to do is find all the bugs and detail them on the wiki.
> Then 1 or 2 weeks later when they have more time, they will deal with
> the issues found.
>

>> I see we have a nice techbase outline page, but otherwise, I'm pretty out of the loop here.
>
> Thats all we need. The briefing is just: try and break it, then report
> how you broke it.
>
>> How crucial is it that people have trunk? We should start reminding them of that now...
>
> Essential - there is no other version of KDEPIM (3.5 is useless, as
> we're trying to find new bugs in the 4.1 alphas
>
> SuSE snapshots are an alternative to building trunk (i think... does
> anyone know more about them?)
>
> Most importantly - This not a bug triage day. We are testing the
> future 4.1 release of KDEPIM and finding any bugs and reporting them.
> there should *not* be any closing of bugs on this day, only opening :)
>
> George
Tell me more about the liveCD option if we have that. Especially if
there is a build with the stuff we are testing. My computer I use for
this is currently down, hardware issues. But if I can test from a
LiveCD, I'm good for a few new bugs ;).

Is this going to be our next project? Similar to a bug day? Or is this
seperate? Are we still going to do a kdepim day where we close and
triage their bugs? Am I going to ask any more questions? no. :)
Cheers!

--
James