[Bugsquad] Long range planning (and Seli background)

FiNeX finex at finex.org
Mon May 19 11:01:46 CEST 2008

Il 19/5/2008 alle 08:14, ha scritto:
> Ok, so that's background. What does this actually mean?
> We're being asked if we're a long-term viable group. How big can we
> grow? How big should we grow? What motivates people? How do we not burn
> out? How long are we likely to keep people until they end up either
> a) being killed by their Significant Others, b) bored, c) developing?
>
> I see BugDays as being a great way to train new people and bring them
> in. Now we need to figure out what exactly to do with them. I mean,
> surely not everybody wants to do Konqueror bugs. And I'm guessing we
> only have 1000 or so of them left.
>
> So do we set up triage teams of people who want to talk to developers
> of a particular package, and keep up to date with them? Do we all fight
> over incoming triage? (How many a day do we get?)
>
> What do you think?

I like the idea to organize the "bug days" because:
1) people are focused on the same problem, so helping each other is easier.
2) people feels that their work has been useful because of working in team.
Everyone, even with little work, is part of a bigger vision.
3) it help to give a boost on a specific project. For example if developers of
a particular software need some help, them could ask to the bugsquad to
organize a specific bugday.

The bugsquas should be a unique group which focus a package at time. Creating
sub-groups is dispersive: less people on more packages is more difficult to
manage and is less efficient IMHO.

> Also:
> Technical triage notes:

This could be discussed time to time with developers and comunicated to
triagers BEFORE the bug day starts.

--
by FiNeX
http://www.finex.org