[Bugsquad] Proposed schedule for July.

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Fri Jun 27 08:04:11 CEST 2008

Op vrijdag 27 juni 2008, schreef George Goldberg:
> Hi everyone,
>
> So we've had a bit of a break to recover from the onslaught of
> bug/krush days recently, and I think its time to get going again. Here
> is my proposed schedule for July, as discussed with a few people on
> IRC. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
>
>  - Sunday, July 6th -- Kopete bug triage day.
>  - Sunday, July 20th -- Kopete bug triage day 2.
>
> - Why these dates?
> I think based on past experience the once per 2 weeks schedule works
> very well for keeping up momentum but not exhausting everyone. I know
> July 4th is a holiday in the USA, but as far as I can tell it doesn't
> effect anywhere else in the world, so we will just have to go for it,
> since its really hard making a sensible schedule on Sundays that
> avoids all public holidays everywhere.
>
> - Why Kopete?
> Looking at the Most Bugs league table, Konqueror comes in top - but
> we've done so much of that it would be really boring.. Kmail comes in
> second, but imho we should wait until after KDE 4.1 is released to
> tackle that, so we can close bugs as "FIXED in KDE 4" without annoying
> users because there is no KDE 4 release of KMail. 3rd and 4th are
> kdelibs and kio, which are both rather difficult to triage and
> probably not a good choice for training new triagers on a bug day,
> which leads to kopete! The devs are very keen for us to triage it, and
> there are a lot of cruft bugs, so it should be a very good choice.
>
> I think we need two days because looking at past bug days, we normally
> get about 200-300 done and there are 530 kopete bugs.

I think the wishes should also be considered, since they have a lot of overlap
(often just good ol' dupes). I've been through those wishes in the past, but
that's already months ago. I wouldn't hurt to have a look at them as well,
separately. And perhaps a developer aside us who can rate the nonsense level
of wishes.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers