[Bugsquad] Triaging-Bot in #kde-bugs?

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Thu Jun 19 09:52:51 CEST 2008

Op woensdag 18 juni 2008, schreef Kevin Funk:

Hello,

> (I proposed that before in #kde-bugs on Freenode.)
> What about using a bot instead of the wiki for triaging bugs? I think
> editing a wiki for every single bug is _very_ time intensive. What I have
> in my mind is something like this:
> We have a bot in #kde-bugs which listens on commands like
> like !needs-dev-attention <bug#> <desc>, !needs-other-setup <bug#> <desc>
> and so on. Just like what we have on the wiki already. We could also have a
> webpage for that. Everytime someone commits sth to the bot the page
> (versioned) would be updated.
>
> That are some of the ideas I have for this topic; if you're interested feel
> free to contact me just in #kde-bugs, or mail.
>
> When i have spare time (approx in one month) I could implement this thing.
>
> Regards

At FOSDEM '07 I saw the Gentoo folks had a very nice web based PHP like
solution. Only I forgot its name by now, and I wonder if they still use it.
Because the two guys I asked about it have resigned from the Gentoo project
by now.

But I think a (custom?) webbased PHP system would be better than a wiki at
all. Perhaps a nice job to accomplish by me when I have far more spare time
than I have now.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers