[Bugsquad] Mailinglist and website

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Wed Aug 20 14:19:56 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008, FiNeX wrote:
> > One thing I'm not quite sure about is making a list of people in
> > bugsquad. First of all making such a list would make it seem harder to
> > get into bugsquad (whereas we surely appreciate everyone joining IRC and
> > helping a little). Second there are certainly some "core" members who're
> > staying around quite some time but there's also quite some fluctuation
> > and I would neither want to publish just the core members nor change the
> > site frequently.
> It could be created the "TOP 50 triagers" using some stats from bugzilla
> (excluding users which are developers too).

I'm not so sure about that. Many people have a tendency to "try to be the
best". Some might close bugs prematurely to advance, others might be
discouraged when they learn others just work a lot more and they can't make it
to the top. While I have certainly thought about something like that already
I'd rather not see it "made official" by putting it on our website. If we have
something like that we should maybe keep it separate.

> > If you have any ideas or want to help with writing text for the site,
> > feel free to do so. For a start I requested George, Alex and me to be the
> > webmasters (Alex will have to get an svn account before though :)).
> Do you plan to use a CMS, a wiki or plain HTML? If needed I've some skills
> for web development.

Not quite sure yet. Most kde sites seem to use custom php enriched with some
includes to easily generate content. If possible I'd like to do it in a
similar manner (probably without db) but we'd have to check which
organizational features we need and if plain php suffices. Thanks for offering
your help and "Welcome aboard" :) are you finex on svn as well? :-)

Regards,
Michael