[Bugsquad] Mailinglist and website

FiNeX finex at finex.org
Wed Aug 20 14:00:35 CEST 2008

> Apart from that I don't know if George told you about our plans for a
> bugsquad website yet but that's something we talked about at akademy. I
> just asked the sysadmins to create bugsquad.kde.org.
>
> What should it be used for?
> - some exposure

right

> - establish an "identity" within the KDE community

right

> - managing bugsquad (eg. schedule)

the most important thing

> - a home for some basic explanations what bugsquad is and what we do, maybe
> also a home for "permanent" documentation and certainly a page linking to
> all the stuff on techbase.

be careful to don't duplicate informations

> One thing I'm not quite sure about is making a list of people in bugsquad.
> First of all making such a list would make it seem harder to get into
> bugsquad (whereas we surely appreciate everyone joining IRC and helping a
> little). Second there are certainly some "core" members who're staying
> around quite some time but there's also quite some fluctuation and I would
> neither want to publish just the core members nor change the site
> frequently.

It could be created the "TOP 50 triagers" using some stats from bugzilla
(excluding users which are developers too).

> If you have any ideas or want to help with writing text for the site, feel
> free to do so. For a start I requested George, Alex and me to be the
> webmasters (Alex will have to get an svn account before though :)).

Do you plan to use a CMS, a wiki or plain HTML? If needed I've some skills for
web development.

--
by FiNeX
http://www.finex.org