[Bugsquad] BugDay 1 redux

A. L. Spehr zahl+kde at transbay.net
Wed Apr 9 06:30:20 CEST 2008

I don't know if you saw Grundleborg's blog, but apparently Germain loves us
now, whee!

People went through an amazing number of bugs, and did great!
Thanks!

So I just sent an email to the khtml developer list, cc'd us, and listed
these as TODOs:

* to double check some of the bugs in the later sections

I've been looking through some of these, as have some of the devs. At least one is newly fixed!

* probably close the stuff under INVALID

I think grundleborg is doing this as I write this... ;)

* come up with testcases/etc for the non-english & needing passwords stuff

Anyone?

* see if anyone bothers to give more information

We should keep an eye on these. I hope people said something like "respond
within a month"...

* check to see if things which work under 4.0.x/trunk also work under 3.5.9

This mostly important for crashes. Hopefully everything will be fixed, but
otherwise if it's a short list we should be able to beg developers to backport
stuff that looks important. I'm really not sure what the plans are for 3.5.x....
I guess we'll see what developer's thoughts are.

Thanks to everyone who helped out! (At least, I'm assuming you're on this
list...) If you have any ideas on what we could do better next time, let's
hear 'em! (Like about that wiki reporting method...)

Also, if you have questions about stuff in techbase, or feel something wasn't
clear, or have ideas on what should be there, again, let's hear 'em! I hope
to redo some of the older documentation to make it more unified and clearer.

Two related things I figure should go in:

* Be conservative
If you have new bugzilla perms, or are dealing with software you aren't sure
about, don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion on what to mark a bug as!
It's probably better to be a little conservative then to close things as dups
when they aren't actually dups. We don't want to keep developers from getting
valid bug reports and piss them off! Apparently this is why some Gnome devs
asked their packages not be triaged, lol.

* Remember the goal
Being in the commit-digest is nice, but let's not do it at the expense of
being trigger happy. The real goal is to make KDE better.

You can find me on irc as blauzahl, and I log, so feel free to msg.

I'm not sure how much I'll be around this week, as I have to catch up at work!
But I'll certainly be doing more as I can...

Alex