[Appeal] Appeal icon theme

tackat at t-online.de tackat at t-online.de
Tue Apr 5 13:28:01 CEST 2005

> Ok, appeal icon theme is the temporary name, any suggestion for a cool
> name? I thinked to "Oksigen" ... what do you think?

With "APPEAL" we are trying to move away from some rather awkward
sounding
Application and program names.
"Oksigen" in this respect just sounds just like a traditional KDE name
:-(

"Oxygen" would be much better, sounds much more appealing, _but_ as I
already
mentioned during the Appeal conference I'd prefer it if our visual
identity would be
named after the project name as this gives much more boost in terms of
PR
for the "APPEAL" brand. So I'd strongly favour "Appeal Icon Theme".

> http://www.icon-king.com/appeal/preview.png

Looks very promising already. The only thing I dislike is the magenta
line
which together with the blue reminds me of CGA.

Torsten