The Amarok is here again!

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Jun 7 09:02:15 BST 2024

Hi!

Just arrived in Debian experimental! Thank you Pino.

Also many thanks to the "The Amarok Development Squad".

I started with a new configuration as the main window layout looked a bit
awkward with the new ported version.

I initially had an issue to add something to middle pane. That something
appeared briefly, flickering out of existence again. However after sizing
around the panes a bit and trying again, middle pane now shows song
summary and…

the song text scrolling down just nicely with the song being sung.

I love it!

How awesome is that?

Thank you!

Song summary is a bit large with 150% scaling. Especially the album and
the song title is very large. Maybe I can adjust font sizes in Amarok
settings. Hmm, did not find a setting…

Cover is not shown, maybe I need to retrieve those again or that is one of
the functions that is not yet operational again. I fully understand.
Amarok has a ton of support for online services… keeping that up to date
is tedious I bet, to say the least.

Anyway: I really appreciate the porting effort.

Thank you.

I can have my favorite music player again! How nice is that?

Best
--
Martin