MySQL database error (return code 1).

Goliat007 goliat007 at o2.pl
Sat Oct 6 23:35:17 BST 2018

On 10/6/18 11:54 PM, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 23:27, Goliat007 <goliat007 at o2.pl
> <mailto:goliat007 at o2.pl>> wrote:
>
>     Hi.
>
>     Lately, I have problem with starting Amarok on Antergos, after
>     starting there is MySQL error window and my music colection is
>     empty. I tried bot reinstalling aplication and cleaning different
>     folder containing amarok data on /Home, still I can`t make it run
>     properly.
>
>     Here is error text:
>
>     "The Amarok database reported the following errors:
>
>     MySQLe something failed! on library initialization failed, return
>     code 1
>
>     In most cases you will need to resolve these errors before Amarok
>     will run properly."
>
>     Any help would be apreciated.
>

> Did you report this to your distribution? Usually this should be the
> first thing to do, as the exact MySQL version is handled by the
> distribution, not by us, some actually use MariaDB instead. Please
> make sure you include the exact Application, Platform and Distribution
> versions. Since all of those are missing, there is very little we can do.
>
> Regards, Myriam
> --
> Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community
> Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
> http://www.fsfe.org
> <http://www.fsfe.org>
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

Hi.

I got yesterday response on Antergos forum and proposed solution works.
It`s something about actual version of libssh, that affects Amarok.
After downgrading it from 0.8.3 to 0.8.2 Amarok runs normaly. I`m sure
it will be fixed in future version of libssh or maybe adjusted in next
amarok build, until than I have to wait. Anyway thank you for response.

Best regards