amarok won't start, again...

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Jun 26 16:48:37 UTC 2016

Hi Salamandir,

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 6:31 PM, salamandir
<salamandir at hybridelephant.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, June 25, 2016 02:42:19 PM, Myriam Schweingruber, an eminent
> manifestation of divinity, wrote:
>
> https://paste.kde.org/pfanyrep8/6ui4j7
>
> password = u53hcZrbsqeM

No need to add a password, the pastes are erased after a certain time anyway.

You will have to install debugging symbols for the backtrace to be
useful, though. This means installing the -dbg packages for amarok,
phonon and phonon-backend-gstreamer, assuming this is the backend you
use.

But first: does it really crash or is it you who stopped the
application by hitting Ctrl+C? Because I see no errors or crashes in
that output you provide.Please make sure Amarok is not actually
running in reduced mode, you should be able to see a wolf's head icon
in the panels system tray.

Also: did you upgrade to Kubuntu 14.04.1 recently from an older
version or just from 14.04 LTS? AFAIK there should be a much newer
release, called 14.04.3 which was released in August 2015 already, see
also http://kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-1404-lts-update-out-0/ FWIW, this
will also reach its EOL in August this year.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org