amarok won't start, again...

salamandir salamandir at hybridelephant.com
Sat Jun 25 16:31:18 UTC 2016

On Saturday, June 25, 2016 02:42:19 PM, Myriam Schweingruber, an eminent
manifestation of divinity, wrote:
> You do realise that this is likely something in the system update that
> broke Amarok, and we are not responsible for that breaking, maybe
> talking to your distribution would be more useful, as it will make
> them aware of a problem in their packaging.
> Anyway, let's try to debug the problem nonetheless:

it has always been my impression that amarok is the default music player for
kubuntu, and i am running Kubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.

if the system updates for kubuntu break amarok, then i wonder how much this
impression actually reflects reality...

> > 3) i have run
> >
> > gdb amarok
> >
> > run --nofork
>
> You should run it with "run -d --nofork" so we get a debug output, at least

ran that, too.

> To be able to help we would need that output, the best is to actually
> copying it to paste.kde.org and provide the link to it. Even if those
> lines mean nothing to you, we need them to help you, else we can only
> guess.

https://paste.kde.org/pfanyrep8/6ui4j7

password = u53hcZrbsqeM

--
namaste
salamandir
salamandir at hybridelephant.com

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments
--
We don't morally censure you. We just want the money.