amarok won't start, again...

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Jun 25 12:42:19 UTC 2016

Hi Salamandir,

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:14 PM, salamandir
<salamandir at hybridelephant.com> wrote:

> i ran system updates about two weeks ago. prior to running the updates, i
> didn't have any problem with amarok, but after the updates, it hangs on
> launch.

You do realise that this is likely something in the system update that
broke Amarok, and we are not responsible for that breaking, maybe
talking to your distribution would be more useful, as it will make
them aware of a problem in their packaging.
Anyway, let's try to debug the problem nonetheless:

> 3) i have run
>
> gdb amarok
>
> run --nofork

You should run it with "run -d --nofork" so we get a debug output, at least

> and gotten a whole bunch of text that probably means something to somebody,
> but not to me.

To be able to help we would need that output, the best is to actually
copying it to paste.kde.org and provide the link to it. Even if those
lines mean nothing to you, we need them to help you, else we can only
guess.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org