amarok won't start

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 10:28:14 UTC 2016

Hi Salamadir,

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 9:19 PM, salamandir
<salamandir at hybridelephant.com> wrote:
> according to synaptic, i've got amarok 2.8.0, but, as it won't start, i
> can't confirm that.
>

> i'm running an AMD FM2 A 10-5800k quad-core processor (3.8GHz) on an ASUS
> A88XM-A motherboard, 16GB PC-12800 DDR3 RAM, with Kubuntu 14.04.1. i just
> ran system updates. prior to running the updates, i didn't have any problem
> with amarok, but after the updates, it hangs on launch from the GUI, and
> when i run from a terminal with the --debug flag, i get this (confirmed
> twice):

I removed the output as it is not really helpful but to see that you
have used Amarok before successfully. Since we did no changes in
Amarok, it's important to know what you did change on your side that
could have caused the problem. Did you remove software?

A quick help to drag in eventually missing dependencies would be to
reinstall amarok (no need to remove it before that!).

Type this in a konsole:

sudo apt-get install amarok --reinstall

Then try again.

If this doesn't help, you can try to remove the current playlist
located here: ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/current.xspf

FWIW: if you start amarok in a konsole in debug mode, please also use
the option --nofork

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org