unable to build amarok with kubuntu 16.10

Robert Marshall robert at capuchin.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 12:27:36 UTC 2016

Myriam Schweingruber writes:
Hi Robert,

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Robert Marshall <robert at capuchin.co.uk> wrote:

> I've recently updated my pull of the git (master) repos having moved to
> kubuntu
> 16.10 and now I get failures on building
>
> In cmake I see
>
> -- Found MySQL Embedded: /usr/include/mysql, -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
> -lmysqld -lpthread -lz -lm -lrt -latomic -lcrypt -ldl -laio -lnuma -llz4
> -lpthread
>
> but in the actual make
>
> [ 66%] Linking CXX shared module
> ../../../../../../lib/amarok_collection-mysqlcollection.so
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llz4
>
> I've deleted the contents of the build directory and redone cmake but
> still get the failure, is there something else I'm missing doing?
>
>Could just be a problem of finding the libraries. Did you re-run the
>environment settings? There might have been some shifting of libraries, so
>re-running the basic setups before building might be a good idea. A bug report
>is not really useful to us, since we have no influence over distribution stuff,
>that should go to the distribution if the problem persists.
>Please keep us updated on whether this helps.

Yes I thought it was going to be rather too specific for a bug report!
It appears that liblz4 was no longer there - my guess is that when I
agreed on the upgrade to remove no longer required stuff this lib was
one of them. `apt-get install liblz4-dev` fixed that side of things

Then got

make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'mygpo-qt-NOTFOUND', needed by 'lib/kcm_amarok_service_gpodder.so'. Stop.

I went through any files in the build area which had that string in
them and replaced it with /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmygpo-qt.so -
which does exist - the files which had NOTFOUND appeared to be dated
yesterday - well after the upgrade so I'm not sure why.

With that change the make ran through to completion!

Robert
--
Robert Marshall               twitter: @rajm