unable to build amarok with kubuntu 16.10

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Dec 18 02:29:12 UTC 2016

Hi Robert,

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Robert Marshall <robert at capuchin.co.uk>
wrote:

> I've recently updated my pull of the git (master) repos having moved to
> kubuntu
> 16.10 and now I get failures on building
>
> In cmake I see
>
> -- Found MySQL Embedded: /usr/include/mysql, -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
> -lmysqld -lpthread -lz -lm -lrt -latomic -lcrypt -ldl -laio -lnuma -llz4
> -lpthread
>

> but in the actual make
>
> [ 66%] Linking CXX shared module ../../../../../../lib/amarok_
> collection-mysqlcollection.so
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llz4
>
> I've deleted the contents of the build directory and redone cmake but
> still get the failure, is there something else I'm missing doing?

Could just be a problem of finding the libraries. Did you re-run the
environment settings? There might have been some shifting of libraries, so
re-running the basic setups before building might be a good idea. A bug
report is not really useful to us, since we have no influence over
distribution stuff, that should go to the distribution if the problem
persists.
Please keep us updated on whether this helps.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org>