hi, i'm new to the list, and i'm having a problem running amarok

salamandir salamandir at hybridelephant.com
Fri Oct 9 15:40:32 UTC 2015

On Friday, October 09, 2015 02:30:00 PM, Myriam Schweingruber, an eminent
manifestation of divinity, wrote:
> Hm, so in essence, it does work?

yes, at this point, it works quite reliably, and i don't appear to be having
any further problems.

> Are you sure it was not already running
> minimized and you just didn't see the icon in the Panel?

it was the first time i started amarok after having installed kubuntu 14.04 on
a bare machine, so if it was running, i didn't start it.

also, as i said, starting it from the GUI made the machine spin for about 10
seconds and then give up, but starting it from the console, using "amarok" or
"amarok --debug" gave me a whole load of information that i couldn't reproduce
after i had signed up for the mailing list.

it's a typical computer malfunction: it reproduces reliably until i am ready
to report it, then it disappears and doesn't happen again.

demons, i say.

> Unless you can tell how to reproduce this reliably, I don't see how we
> could help in any way, unfortunately.

i know.

and, as i said, it was malfunctioning very reliably, until i had completed
signing up for the mailing list, at which point it decided that it had better
things to do.

> Hope you still enjoy using Amarok :)

i have been using kubuntu and amarok for quite a number of years, and this is
the first time in quite a while i have experienced any weirdness with it. i
assure you that, if it malfunctions again, i will be on top of it. 8)

--
namaste
salamandir
salamandir at hybridelephant.com

--
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.