hi, i'm new to the list, and i'm having a problem running amarok

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Oct 9 12:30:00 UTC 2015

Hi salamandir,

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 12:24 AM, salamandir
<salamandir at hybridelephant.com> wrote:
> i am not new to kubuntu, or KDE, and i haven't had any problems with amarok
> until today... literally, it was running fine yesterday, but today, not so
> much. this is as much as i know:
>
> i am running an AMD 3.8GHz quad-processor box with 16GB of RAM, kubuntu
> 14.04 64-bit, amarok 2.8.0, with QT 4.8.6 and KDE 4.13.3
>
> when i try to start amarok from the graphic interface, it spins for about 10
> seconds and gives up.
>
> when i try to start amarok from the console, it gives me the following:

> damn! it starts, after having not started at all with both "amarok" and
> "amarok --debug" from the console, several times...
>
> demons! that's what it was... demons! 8/

Hm, so in essence, it does work? Since the Amarok code wasn't changed
between yesterday and your previous runs, I don't seen why this would
be an Amarok problem. Are you sure it was not already running
minimized and you just didn't see the icon in the Panel?

Unless you can tell how to reproduce this reliably, I don't see how we
could help in any way, unfortunately.

Hope you still enjoy using Amarok :)

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org