amarok 99 wa - Computer irresponsible

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Mar 12 21:22:59 UTC 2015

Hi Maxime,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Maxime Haselbauer
<maxime.haselbauer at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Since I added approximatley 10 songs to the collections amarok make the computer lag when I launch it
> If I top in the command line, it seems like it is not taking any cpu but the computer remains like 97.9 wa and is very slow.

 could you be a tad more specific and tell us the version and the
Linux system you are using? Also please tell us what type of tracks
you added: Streams? Podcasts? Remote tracks on an external device or
over a web connection? Type of tracks?

FWIW, I have approx 120 tracks (mp3, FLAC and AAC, mostly podcasts) in
the playlist on startup and approx 18'000 tracks in the local
collection (on an external USB HDD) and see no lag, nor a slowdown of
the computer, using current git master, v2.8.0-459-ged0b96e on Kubuntu
14.10 with KDE 4.14.2

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org